Birthday Cards

While I enjoy social networking as much as the first person, I find that in the age of Facebook and e-mail, birthday greetings have gotten impersonal. Back in the old days, i.e. 5 years ago, if a friend or family member was having a birthday we thought nothing of putting a birthday card in the mail. Now it seems, that with Facebook reminding us the day of a friend's birthday, a quick e-mail or post on a Facebook Wall is all that happens.

Last year I did okay at mailing at birthday cards ahead of time, but since my Crafter's ADD was in full force, I always seemed to remember the day before the birthday which meant by the time I finally got a card made and mailed, it was a good week after a friend's birthday. So this year, I have marked birthdays in my daily planner so that I am reminded at least a week ahead of time of an upcoming birthday! So far this year I have been ahead of the curve and gotten all birthday cards mailed at least 3 days ahead of time.

This one was for a good friend. I used my Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday embossing folder to emboss the pink card stock underneath the flower. The flower is my favorite piece of the card. I used flowers Color Me Crazy and used one of my favorite scrapbooking toys, Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels. I used the Midnight Blue to spray all three flowers. The leaf is colored with Mistletoe.




This card is for my niece who is turning 9 this year. I used the Paisley Cricut Cartridge to cute the cell phone and Ipod out.




The same day my first niece was born, my second niece was born 7 years later. We are headed to her 2nd birthday party this weekend and she loves "Hello Kitty", so of course I had to make her a Hello Kitty card. I used Make the Cut to design and cut the kitty. The flower is from Bo Bunny.




I hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to take a few extra minutes and mail a birthday card to someone you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stella by Stripology Quilt

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

Rocky Coast Quilt