Spring is in the House

While it may not be spring outside yet, since we have over a foot of snow sitting in the front yard, spring has now began to enter the house. The only holiday's I decorate for are Halloween and Christmas. Other than that I may change my tablecloth, add a festive table runner and call it good. I cannot justify spending the time and money decorating for every holiday. Plus then you have to store all the stuff. I would rather have more room for my scrapbooking and quilting supplies.
However, after the long winter we have had with no end in sight, I was in need of some spring cheer to brigthen up the house, so I decided to make a Spring banner to hang on our fireplace. I am pleased with how it turned out.


Most of the embellishments I created myself either using the Doodlecharms cartridge or Make the Cut on my Cricut. The bird, butterfly and frog were in my stash from an old scrapbook embellishment swap I participated in.

Here are close-ups of the letters to show more details.



Have a great week everyone and here is to a spring!

Comments

  1. Cute! I can't wait to decorate for Sprin/Easter either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love it and thanks for reminding me to get busy on mine!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stella by Stripology Quilt

July Art Philosophy Blog Hop

Rocky Coast Quilt